In this blog you will learn about the introduction to python programming plus why you should choose python as a programming language for your career.
Python is created by Guido Van Rossum in the late eighties and early nineties at National Research Institute for mathematics and Computer Science in Netherlands. Python is interpreted, high-level, interactive and object oriented scripting language. It is designed to be highly readable. Python used English keywords frequently whereas the other programming languages uses punctuation.
Python has few syntactical constructions than any other programming languages.
- Python is Interpreter
- Python is Interactive
- Python is object-oriented
- Python is a beginner’s language
Why Python is so popular?
There are many reasons why python is so popular now and why many businesses are considering python as the primary language for software developments and those reasons are:
- Easy-to-learn: Python use English keywords, simple structure and a clearly defined syntax which allows the enthusiast pick up the language quickly.
- Easy-to-read: Python code is clearly defined and visible to the eyes.
- Easy-to-maintain: Python uses English keywords, simple structure and syntax is clearly defined which makes python source code easy to maintain.
- Interactive Mode: Python supports interactive mode which allows interactive testing and debugging of the code.
- Portable: Python can run on wide variety of platforms and has the same interface on all platforms.
- Extendable: Low-level modules can be added to the python interpreter. These modules allow programmers to add to or customize there tools to be more efficient.
- Databases: Python has the interface to all the major commercial databases.
- GUI Programming: Python programming supports GUI applications that can be created with python and can run on different platforms such as windows MFC, Macintosh and X windows system of Unix.
- Scalable: Python provide better support and structure for large programs than shell scripting.
Where is Python?
Future technologies counting on Python
Here are the technologies that will have a future with python programming:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
Career in Python
List of some of the python job profiles along with their respective average salaries(according to payscale.com and indeed.com) in India.
- Python Developer- Rs. 336k per year
- Software Engineer- Rs. 543,840 per year
- Senior Software Engineer- Rs. 909,651
- Software Developer- Rs. 524,032 per year
- DevOps Engineer- Rs. 634,345 per year
- Data Scientist- Rs. 816,147 per year
Time to wrap up now. See you in our next blog, thanks for reading our blog and do leave a comment below to help us improve the content to serve you all of our experience with you. Stay tuned with us for more python programming contents.